February 19, 2009

* the 8 hour U-Turn *

How this all got started... I love to tell stories, I love to laugh and be entertained. I love to read my friend blogs and their friends blogs and the blogs of people I don't even know. I've never felt the need to have my own but the idea bit me in the butt today on my way to work. I think 'cause I had one of those weekends from hell where nothing quite goes right... or even close to right.

I imagined writing eloquently about the trip to Mammoth and making my readers feel the pain of starting the drive at 1 pm on Friday, excited, ready to be done with work for 4 glorious days, only to have the car breakdown a mere 2 hours into the trip, waiting an additional 1.5 hours for the tow truck to get to us, the ensuing 1 hour long drive with an extremely tall (6'5" at least) tow truck driver telling us tales of the numerous wrecks he has recently towed, some gory, some funny, all of them unfortunate and he recounted them in the most monotone voice. Then how a friend rescued us from spending our life's savings at the Chevy dealership by perilously driving the broke down vehicle to his house and vowing to replace the busted water pump while we were away on our ski weekend. Then deciding it was worth it to drive the friend's car to pick up my car from work and fill it with all of our snow gear, clothes and food and again attempt the drive the following morning. Thus bringing us full circle (back to my work parking lot) where we began the journey exactly 8 hours later with exactly ZERO miles toward our end goal of Mammoth. That's right the first day of the 4 day weekend turned out to be an 8 hour U-Turn. I then thought it wouldn't be right to start my blog with a rant, I must make it interesting.... I know I will post pictures. Pictures are always good. For your viewing pleasure I submit the following...

3 comments:

big hair betty said...

HA! Pretty good for your first post!

Krista said...

Yay! I am excited, and added you to my blogroll. :) Good story, it sucks though. But you're right, having a blog seems to give those episodes purpose. Haha! Nice pictures too, looks like you guys had a great time once you got there!

faithsalutes said...

you go girl. though, i was going to start a business called girl friday, so when i saw this...i was mad at you.