March 8, 2009

* they were little once *

My "little" brother Kelan & my "little" sister Audrey.

These two kiddos are my youngest brother & sister. They were born while I was in high school. Audrey arrived when I was 16 and Kelan was born my senior year. They were and still are so cute! It was such a blessing to have little siblings around at that time of my life, it gave the rest of us someone to care for and think about other than ourselves (you know how selfish we can be in those teenage angst years).

Well I'm home right now with these two, we are celebrating my mom's 52nd birthday. Let me tell you how NOT SO LITTLE they are now. Kelan will be 13 next month he is as tall as I am and still growing. He likes to wrestle me to the ground as a way of saying "hello, I've missed you, I love you". Audrey is 14 and a freshman in high school. She has surpassed me in height. She is a stylish gal with so many wonderful ideas about the world that are all her own. She will be a bridesmaid in my wedding... There is no "junior bridesmaid" about her.

I love them dearly!

1 comment:

Krista said...

I have never notice what a strong family resemblance there is! To me, you always looked completely different from the younger siblings, but that is most definitely not true. :) Cute picture! I was at the 10:45 service on Sun, but couldn't find you... we'll see you there one of these weeks!