March 25, 2009

* the dress *

I found it a few weeks ago... at a little bridal shop in Concord near where my mom works. It was the first dress the saleswoman showed me. It was the second dress I actually tried on. It was definitely "the one". It will arrive in June.

That gives me just about 10 weeks to get serious about my diet and exercise. So with the goal (that little white dress) in plain sight I have begun some early morning routines. I walk 2 mornings a week on West Cliff as the sun rises and 3 mornings a week on the treadmill. And I have started my slim in 6 daily regimen, that's right "6 weeks to a slimmer me". Yes, I did get suckered into one of those infomercials and I purchased a set of beach body workout DVDs... I'm not embarrassed, I just hope I look like the girl on the cover after 6 weeks. I also figured if I post this for the world to see it might help to keep me accountable.

2 comments:

Krista said...

Okay so you'll have to let me know how the slim in 6 works for you. I have always wanted to try one of those diet things, but also always suspect the ads aren't true. :) So, I'll be so excited if it works for you!! Also, I can't wait to see your dress!

faithsalutes said...

make it happen.