February 26, 2009

* Look what came in the mail yesterday *

This beauty arrived in the mail in a big box yesterday.
Now to be fair I did win it on Ebay so I knew it was coming, but its just so fun to have packages waiting for you when you get home from work! You might be asking yourself what is so exciting about this hobnail milkglass vase? Well it is one of the centerpieces for my wedding. I know I said I couldn't decide on anything with any certainty for my very own wedding. Well I most certainly have decided that I love these antique hobnail milkglass vases in all sorts of shapes and sizes and I have been dilligently collecting them for the last month.
Here's a shot of the whole "collection".

In fact I took a box of centerpieces down to Alexis Party Rental on Monday to play around with linens and chairs, china and glassware. I have decided that yellow and white are definitely "my colors".

Here's a sneak peak at the table linen and some of the centerpieces with makeshift floral and lemons.

The linen is Shangri-la and the daffodil yellow napkin is hidden by one of the vases on the right. I think it will be quite pleasing when its all done up!

4 comments:

Erin said...

That is a lovely collection of table setting items!

Ryan Lipert said...

nice blog giselle. someday your blog might be as popular as mine. until then, remember the shorter the post the better. people want to be able to read the post in 2 minutes or less. anymore than that, and it will probably not be read. and the more pictures the better. keep on blogging!

faithsalutes said...

love white milk glass. ryan lipert can suck it. it is your blog, you are not writing it to get the most readers possible.

Lindsay Harrison said...

Hey there Giselle! Congrats on the engagement, he's one lucky dude. Hope to see you soon!